Attend events and member mixer meetings.
Discounts on vehicles, insurance, RX, and more.
News on MIOSHA, COVID-19 rules, permitting and more
Legal help, business assistance, marketing.
Why Join our HBA?
The Home Builders Association of Northern Michigan is made up of members who are contractors and building supply companies, along with businesses aligned to the construction industry. We celebrated our 50th Anniversary in 2021! We serve the counties of Charlevoix, Cheboygan, Emmet, and Otsego Counties in Northern Michigan.
Here are some good reasons to join:
1) Networking with members and vendors — We host in-person events such as n annual dinner, wine and chocolate tasting event, golf outing, and clay shoot.
2) Save money— Save money on business insurance, health insurance, Rx, vehicles, office supplies, and more. Get rebates on the materials you buy to build a home such as decking, siding, and systems through the HBA Member Rebate Program. See the handout from the NAHB and HBAM for a list of benefits.
3) Expand your education and professional development - We offer top-notch classes for professional development and builder licensing requirements. EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS
4) Be protected - A free ombudsman and legal support are available to defend you against unjust legal action. HBAM is your defense in legal matters so that you don’t have to fight on your own.
5) Get marketing support - Your membership includes a listing and website link on the HBANM website and in the Members Only HBANM Directory where consumers shop for contractors, remodeling, and home-related services and products. We refer people to our members for services from inquiries generated by our website, social media, and events. Participate as a builder, exhibitor, or sponsor in our Virtual Parade of Homes and our Home and Outdoor Living Show. We share member news on our Facebook page and Instagram posts. We also feature new members and member news in our newsletters.
6) Keep up-to-date - Get the latest news from the NAHB, HBA of Michigan, and our organization on topics that affect the building industry. Members receive an e-newsletter and periodic Builder Bits, short news tidbits. Follow our Facebook page too!
7) Have a voice with our elected officials - Your dues support the advocacy efforts of the HBA on a local, state, and national level. We fight for fair permitting laws and support the building industry every day.
8) Get instant credibility - Your membership includes membership in the HBA of Northern Michigan, the HBA of Michigan, and the National Association of Home Builders. Use these credentials in your marketing to build consumer confidence.
9) Get a FREE business evaluation from Small Business Growth Partners - This free evaluation will help you identify ways to work smarter and more efficiently for a better bottom line. Ask for details. Program Overview More Info
Please call or email us for additional information on membership!
Lyn Ann Reid, Executive Officer 231-348-9770 | email@example.com
2021 Flipbook of our Magazine and Directory
Logos from some of our members
Three Memberships in One!
Your HBANM membership also includes membership in the HBA of Michigan and the National Association of Home Builders. Use these logos on your business cards. Tap into the many benefits these organizaiton offers to all members.